Who We Are
The Irish Coursing Club is the body that is the controlling authority over matters relating to coursing and the registration and identification of thoroughbred greyhounds in Ireland.
The Irish Coursing Club maintains and publishes the Irish Greyhound Stud Book annually as required under the Constitution of the Irish Coursing Club as set out in the Schedule to the Greyhound Industry Act 1958.
The Irish Coursing Club controls and regulations greyhound racing in Northern Ireland.
The Irish Coursing Club collects, uses and stores your personal data, as described in the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and only in the course of operating our business. The personal data will be adequate, relevant and not excessive.
What Information Do We Collect and Why
The Irish Coursing Club/Irish Greyhound Stud Book collects the following information
- owners/breeders/Northern Ireland trainers/agents/employee name,
- telephone number/mobile number
- email addresses
- The date of birth of minors (under 18) is also collected. The ICC only process information about children with the consent of the parents or legal guardians.
- Employee PPS numbers and date of birth.
for the purpose of
- Greyhound registration and publication of the Irish Greyhound Stud Book which is printed annually, issued in CD format and available online.
- Microchipping of greyhounds as required under the Microchipping Regulations 2015
- Breeding Establishments as required under the Greyhound Welfare Act 2011
- Artificial Insemination as required under the Artificial Insemination Ireland Regulations 2005.
- Publication of Secretary’s Report.
- Northern Ireland Greyhound Trainers
- Employee records
This information is collected through the submission of registration documents, letter, email, online, phone or visit to the Office. Registration documents and application forms include
- Stud registration forms,
- Pink Breeding Notifications,
- Mating certificates,
- AI semen collection certs,
- Declaration of litter forms/Control Steward earmarking forms,
- Microchipping and naming application form,
- Certificate of Registration/Naming papers,
- Certificate of Registration/Transfer of ownership,
- Identity Cards,
- Agents application forms,
- Breeding Establishment application forms,
- Meat Feeder application forms
- AI Inseminator, AI Licence and AI Centre forms
- Syndicate forms
- Prefix application forms
- Duplicate card application forms
- Proof of Identity ie copy passport/drivers licence and current utility bill
- Coursing club AGM report forms
- Track representative report forms
- Fantasy coursing applications
- Purchase of National Meeting Admission Tickets
- National Meeting entry form
- Payment for services provided either credit card or electronic fund transfers
- Microchip implanter applications
- Northern Ireland Trainer application forms
- Advertisements National Meeting Card
- Classic Club draw
The ICC also collects
- telephone number / mobile number
- email address
for all coursing club secretaries, club representatives, club alternate representatives, track managers, track secretaries, track representatives, track alternate representatives and co-opted members. This information is published in the Secretary’s Report which is printed annually.
All information is used to communicate with all individuals directly through the post, email or phone.
We sometimes use photos of the above mentioned individuals on our websites or in the Sporting Press newspaper.
Who Else Has Access to the Information You Provide Us?
The Irish Coursing Club/Irish Greyhound Stud Book gives your personal information to third parties who are service providers for the purposes of providing services to you. We disclose only the personal data that is necessary for the third part to deliver its service to you.
The Irish Coursing Club/Irish Greyhound Stud Book may give your personal information to English Greyhound Stud Book (NCC) and Greyhound Board of Great Britain (GBGB) Greyhound Registry Authorities in America and Australia. We disclose only the personal data that is necessary for the third party to complete required greyhound transactions.
The Irish Coursing Club/Irish Greyhound Stud Book employ other companies to perform functions on our behalf such as cloud servers providers, IT hardware and software consultants, security back-up system, Adest scanning, and payment processing service provider.
The Irish Coursing Club/Irish Greyhound Stud Book may disclose your personal information in order to comply with any legal obligation, accountants and consultants.
The Irish Coursing Club/Irish Greyhound Stud Book discloses Microchip Implanter personal information to the Department of Agriculture as is required under the Microchipping Regulations 2015.
The Irish Coursing Club/Irish Greyhound Stud Book discloses, where applicable, details of Breeding Establishments Licence holders as is required under the Welfare of Greyhounds Act 2011.
The Irish Coursing Club/Irish Greyhound Stud Book has separate group companies, Sporting Press, Microdog ID and Clonmel Races and it may involve the sharing of your personal data between one or more group companies.
Contracts are in place that requires third parties to keep your data secure.
How Long Do We Keep Your Information.
An individual has the right to have outdated or inaccurate personal data removed in line with their right to be forgotten. Such decision to remove/delete information will be made by the Secretary of the Irish Coursing Club in conjunction with Managerial staff.
However, personal information is held on our computerised systems for 12 years under the Rules of the Irish Coursing Club and statutory and regulatory obligation of 20 years under the Microchipping Regulations 2015. Personal information for greyhounds used for breeding purposes is always retained.
Copies of the Irish Greyhound Stud Book are always retained for historical research purposes.
All credit card information is destroyed once we have processed it and it is no longer required.
Your have the following rights under GDPR
- to access your personal data held by the Irish Coursing Club/Irish Greyhound Stud Book by submitting a written request together with proof of identity to the Secretary, Irish Coursing Club, Davis Road, Clonmel. Co. Tipperary. Your request should include additional information which would help us locate your information. The ICC will respond to your written request within 30 days.
- to be provided with information about how your personal data is processed
- to have your personal data corrected if inaccurate or incomplete
- to have your personal data erased in certain circumstances if no longer required for the purpose it was obtained by the Irish Coursing Club/Irish Greyhound Stud Book
- to object to or restrict how your personal data is processed
- to have your personal data transferred to you in a standard format or to a third party.
We may refuse to grant an access request, if the request is deemed unfounded or excessive.
How We Protect Your Personal Data
The Irish Coursing Club/Irish Greyhound Stud Book have implemented GDPR standards for technology and operational security to ensure the security, integrity and privacy of personal data from loss, misuse, or unauthorised intrusion, alternation or destruction. We have applied encryption for hardware and software to best protect your data. Only authorised personnel are permitted to access personal data in the course of their work.
For any payment we take over the phone and online, we use recognised and regulated secure payment systems.
We will notify you promptly of any breach of your personal data.
You may withdraw your consent at any time but in doing so the Irish Coursing Club/Irish Greyhound Stud Book will be unable to continue to provide a service to you. (Please see ‘How Long Do We Keep Your Information’ above)
Links to Other Sites
Our site contains links to and from other websites and web platforms. In addition, third parties websites may also provide links to the site. If you follow a link to any of those websites or web platforms, please note that those websites and web platforms have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for those policies. Please check those policies before you submit any personal data in those websites.