As excitement mounts ahead of the opening meetings of the 2018/19 Coursing Season we thought we should remind Club Secretaries & Receivers of Entries of a few important rules & directives. Owners and Trainers should also take note.
- Every owner must name his greyhound before the time fixed for close of entries (Rule 95).
- You may have 2 x Reserves in an 8 Dog Stake, 4 x Reserves in a 16 or 32 Dog Stake and 6 x Reserves in a 64 Dog Stake.
- 48 runner trial stakes must now be drawn with 24 runners in each half. At quarter-final stage with six greyhounds remaining, the 3rd greyhound in each half gets a Bye resulting in four dogs remaining on the final day.
- No Owner/Partnership/Syndicate may have a runner AND a reserve in the same stake, however they are allowed to have two runners in the same stake (must be guarded in the draw).
- If a greyhound appears in the draw for two All Age events which are due to run concurrently it will not be allowed to run in either and shall be penalised for 12 days.
- If a greyhound is absent from any stake or withdrawn from any stake it will not be allowed to compete for 12 Days. (Subject to Rule 122). If such authorisation is not granted and the greyhound competes, it shall be disqualified and forfeit all trophies & prizemoney won. As a rule of thumb we count the final day of the meeting where it was absent/withdrawn as Day 1 of the 12.
- Directive No 16 covers Prizemoney Ratios in All Age Cup and All Age Bitch events. In a 32 Cup the ratio is 10:3:1 so for every ten units to the Winner, the Runner-Up must receive at least three units and the beaten semi-finalists at least one unit each (E.G Winner €1800 – RunnerUp €540 – Semi-Finalists €180 each). In a 16 Cup the ratio is 10:3 so for every ten units to the Winner, the Runner-Up must receive at least three units (E.G Winner €1,400 – RunnerUp €420).
- Winner’s prizemoney for All Age Cups and All Age Bitch Stakes cannot be changed from that which appeared in the Sporting Press prior to the draw.
- The Entry Fee for ALL 32/48/64 runner trial stakes is now €50. Winner to receive €1.500 (32) or €2,000 (48/64). There is no change to 16 runner trial stakes which will continue to have an Entry Fee of €40 and winner’s prize of €600.